My work on the basement project continues, but I have been slowed down by the weather. I am determined to finish putting primer on the shelves and bookcase doors outside to prevent a build up of toxic fumes inside.
So… they remain outside, covered with plastic, waiting for a warm day, and the weather forecasters are calling for snow beginning tonight… sigh.
Meanwhile, I have been working on some decorations to use in my new room. I am trying to be frugal in this re-do when possible. My daughter-in-law gave me some coffee cups in a pretty yellow color that would work perfectly with the colors of the room.
I went to the dollar store and bought one “bunch” each of an orange gerber-looking daisy, yellow and orange daffodil, and some greenery for background color. I bought the green styrofoam used to stabilize flowers. They had a round kind that when cut in half they fit the cups perfectly. The total spent for all four arrangements was $4.00.
I cut the flowers apart with wire cutters to see how much I had for each cup.
Here are the final arrangements.
This was a very fun project, done cheaply, with good results. It is a good time of year to be doing projects like this when the weather keeps you inside and you need to add some cheer to a dreary day.
“For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come…” Song of Solomon 2:11-12a