Today I will show you the completion of my flower bed redesign.
At this stage the flower bulbs and rhizomes had been dug out of the old bed. The old flower bed had been leveled with the existing yard, and compost had been mounded over the new site. The next step was to add mulch.
Lucy was there to “help”. She helps by watching me do the work.
I have to say that I do like to have her nearby, because she is very good at pointing out a snake. Years ago we had a very large copperhead in the garden. Lucy stayed her distance, but went crazy, circling and barking at the snake, until we came to see what she was upset about. I love having her with me when I am working.
Now, all I had to add were the flowers. In the past I have planted my flowers in rows or scattered together. This time I decided to plant groupings of flowers.
All the daffodils were together, as where the tulips, hyacinths, peonies, and crocus.
I have ordered more flowers that will be added when they arrive. I am also growing annuals in the greenhouse, which I will use to fill in areas after the bulbs stop blooming.
It is so much fun to step back and enjoy your final product after all that hard work. Lucy really knows how to relax!
I will show pictures of updates as the flowers bloom and more are added, so stay tuned.